My first kale project to get more of this superfood in my diet was these easy kale chips, which were a hit, though I had to have my kids close their eyes while eating the first one. I agree with my 7yo, that it tastes a little like a paper potato chip!
Note: The thicker Dinosaur kale or other winter kale works best for these. Summer kale grows quickly, and is therefore very thin.
Easy Kale Chips
- 1 large head of kale
- enough EVOO to coat (around 3 tbsp)
- fine sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 300°.
- Cut the spines from the kale leaves, leaving them as large as possible.
- Toss leaves in olive oil to coat (a large ziplock bag works great)
- Loosely lay the leaves on a baking sheet covered in parchment paper.
- Salt lightly
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove with a spatula.