Saturday, September 17th, 3:00-6:00PM
City Beverage Co.
915 Burke St
Return the application to City Beverage by Wednesday September 14th to be considered for the contest. All peppers will be provided by Shore Farms Organics. Let the games begin!1st Annual City Beverage Farmers Market Pepper Eating Contest Application
City: _____________________ State: ___________ Zip:___________________
Pepper Eating Contest Information:
1. There is no charge for participating but you must be 21 or older to enter the event.
2. Contest will be held at City Beverage.
3. Scheduled time for the event is 3:00 pm on September 17th 2011.
4. Peppers involved will be banana, poblanos, jalapenos, cayenne, serrano, kung pao, habanero and ghost peppers. If you’ve not comfortable with the potential of eating any of these peppers please don’t apply!
Pepper Eating Contest Rules:
1. The contest will run for until there’s a winner.
2. All contestants must be signed in and seated at the competition table 5 minutes prior to the start of the contest.
3. Contestants may not leave the defined contest area until the winner is
4. Contestants must eat all of the pepper for it to be counted as “eaten”. A pepper is considered “eaten” when its flesh, seeds and juices have been ingested and
swallowed by the contestant. Each pepper must be chewed minimum of three times to prevent fast-swallowing and possibly diluting the heat.
5. A pepper with more than one quarter of an inch of flesh remaining on its stem will not be counted as “eaten”.
6. Contestants may not squeeze the pepper in an attempt to remove the peppers
juices or seeds.
7. Contestants may not eat anything but the peppers during the contest.
8. Contestants my drink water, but other fluids are not allowed during the contest.
9. If you throw up, you will be disqualified. The peppers must stay down in order to count. You can continue but you will start over at 1.
The undersigned releases and holds harmless City Beverage and the City Beverage Farmers Market and market vendors, and the property owners and/or tenants and waives all rights, without limit upon liability for use of their property and facilities. The undersigned agrees that the City Beverage Farmers Market 1st Annual Pepper Eating Contest may use pictures and slides for publicizing the event. The undersigned further agrees that failure to abide by the rules stated herein can lead to immediate expulsion from the City Beverage Farmers Market 1st Annual Pepper Eating Contest with no legal recourse whatsoever.
I have read the rules provided to me and agree to abide by them
Please return this application to: City Beverage, 915 Burke St., W-S, NC 27101
For questions call Spencer Davis 336-722-2774 or Nathan Pitts 336-413-9229