Questions? Suggestions for a post? Corrections? Please contact me at email@example.com
Tuesday, August 2, 2011
Mission 5K: Benefitting 2 Charities & YOU!
Saturday, August 13th, 8:30AM
I am not in the greatest shape right now, but I'm thinkin' I can walk this thing if I have to. It's only 3.1 miles and benefits two great charities (and it would do me some good, too).
The Mission 5K was created in partnership between Fleet Feet Sports and the Winston-Salem Rescue Mission, in an effort to benefit two mission-oriented charities that are driven by reaching out to others in need.
100% of race proceeds benefit Winston-Salem Rescue Mission and Mission: Feet First.
$25 until July 15th
$28 until August 10th
$30 through August 13th
Race cap is 800 participants.
At Fleet Feet Sports: Registration is available in-store at Fleet Feet Sports through Friday, August 12th and in person race morning at the race location. Cash/check only on race morning.
Race Course Map
Refund Policy: There are no refunds issued for this event. If you are unable to participate, thank you for your donation to these local charities.
3.1 mile certified course through downtown and strollway, starting and ending at the Rescue Mission.
Portable toilets located at race start/expo area. Two water stops available along course. Mission 5k Event Schedule:
Friday, August 12th:
4:00-7:00PM Registration & Packet Pickup at Fleet Feet Sports, 50 Miller Street, Winston-Salem
Saturday, August 13th:
7:15-8:00 AM Race Day Registration & Packet Pickup at Winston-Salem Rescue Mission, Oak Street entrance, Downtown Winston-Salem
8:30AM 5K Race Begins
9:15AM Post-race Expo and Awards
Race Fee Includes:
• Artfully designed technical t-shirt to all pre-registered participants
• Chip-timed by On The Mark Sports
• Prizes to overall and top 3 finishers in each age group
• Post-race expo featuring food, frozen yogurt, kids activities, and music
• 100% of race proceeds benefit Winston-Salem charities serving those in need
• No headphones
• No dogs
• We strongly recommend against the participation of baby strollers/joggers. The inclusion of strollers in races increases the potential for injury to race participants and children.
• Race will be held rain or shine. In the case of inclement weather, the race may be cancelled if the conditions pose a risk to safety.
• Winston-Salem Rescue Mission Lot
• Free parking on downtown streets
• Sixth & Cherry parking garage