- What's even better than a crockpot recipe? A blender recipe! I found this by BlenderGirl at HealthyBlenderRecipies.com. It's a great site, especially for those with allergies. There are menu "buttons" on the site that help you search according to your dietary needs: "Gluten Free", "Vegan", "Dairy Free", etc.
During this season of mind-numbing allergies, I seek out recipes with honey to help out my little guy. I modified it to be dairy-free and a little tarter. It's gluten free, dairy free, and free of refined sugars!
"Easter Eggs" from Meadow Farms
Heritage Hens @ Washington Perk
Lemon Honey Blender Pie (GF, DF)Ingredients:¾ cup white rice flour
- 4 organic eggs
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
zest of 2 lemons
- 1 cup honey (the more local your honey, the better for allergy sufferers)
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 Tbsp natural vanilla extract (Costco's Kirkland's vanilla extract is gluten free)
- 1 ½ cups almond milk, soy milk or hemp milk
- ½ stick or ¼ cup of vegan margarine (I use Best Life)Directions:- Throw all ingredients in your blender and blend until well combined- Pour into a well greased standard 9 inch/23cm pie dish and bake for about an hour at 180C/350F- Test the pie with a skewer. I have had this pie take up to an hour and a half to set properly, depending on the oven.- If it starts to brown too much on the top – cover with foil to continue baking without ruining that gorgeous golden finish.
More of my recipe posts:
Rosemary Lemon Garlic Crockpot Whole Chicken
Red Quinoa with Butternut Squash, Cranberries & Pecans
Grapefruit Vinaigrette Salad
Southern Snow Cream
Lavender-Iced Brownie Cupcakes