My first kale project was these kale chips, which were a hit, though I had to have my kids close their eyes while eating the first one. I agree with my 7yo, that it tastes much like a paper potato chip! Note: The thicker Dinosaur kale works best for these, or winter kale. Summer kale grows very fast, and is thus very thin.
Easy Kale Chips
- 1 large head of kale
- enough EVOO to coat (around 3 tbsp)
- fine sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 275°.
- Strip the kale from the stems, leaving leaves as large as possible.
- Toss leaves in olive oil to coat
- Loosely lay the leaves on a baking sheet (letting them stick up as much as possible, as it's easier to remove them)
- Very lightly salt them
- Bake for 20 minutes
- Remove with a frosting spatula